Apple Pie Topped With Strawberries And Vanilla Ice Cream
Apple pie is one of the oldest comfort foods that I know of. I know at least 1 person bakes an apple pie for almost every holiday in my family. And what goes better with some pie than strawberries and vanilla ice cream! This recipe is easy and tasty. I am sure your family will love it too!
2 9-inch pie crusts (one for the top crust, one for the bottom crust)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
2 tablespoons butter
6 cups thinly sliced and cored apple
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt. Stir in the apples.
3. Place into pie crust, dot with butter. Cover with top crust, and slit evenly to let steam escape. Seal the top crust to the bottom by pinching the edges together.
3. Cover edge of the crust with a three inch strip of aluminum foil.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes, until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through top.
5. Allow to cool and then serve with strawberries and vanilla ice cream/whipped cream!