A Healthier Way To Season Fries!
Are you looking for a healthier way to season your french fries? French fries are so darn good it can make them almost impossible to resist at times. In order to allow myself to enjoys these tasty little guys once in a while, I came up with this french fry seasoning recipe that has extremely low sodium in it! These fries are also baked which really helps to keep the fat content down.
Sometimes it can take a little getting used to when you lose all that salt, but you don't need it! You will get plenty of sodium elsewhere in your diet. Share the seasoning recipe and help your family and friends have one more healthy option in their lives!
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
The Delicious Directions
1. Preheat the over to around 450 degrees farenhiehgt (or 230 C)
2. While the oven is preheating, cut your potatoes into desired fry size wedges.
3. In a large bowl mix the oil and spices together ( leave a small amount of seasoning for the fries after they are baked) and toss all the fries around in the bowl to make sure you coat all the fries with the oil/seasoning mixture. Place the coated frys on a baking sheet with tin foil.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 450 F or until crispy and brown.
5. Remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle with a small amount of remaining seasoning and serve!