Homemade Spinach And Feta Pizza Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flour, for sprinkling to help with stikcing
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bunches spinach
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, chopped
- Slices cherry or roma tomatoes (optional)
Oven Instructions: Preheat oven 450F.
Take a paper towel and lightly oil your Teflon Pizza Pan to help with sticking. On a clean work surface, lightly dust with flour. Use a Rolling Pin to roll out the pizza dough. When your dough is rolled out to the size of your pizza pan, place the dough on the oiled pizza pan. Toss it in the over for a couple minutes until golden brown.
Quick Tip - This is where many people mess up homemade pizzas! Many people try to cook it all at once and they end up with a crust that didn't cook right but cheese that was browning!
In a large skillet with some Olive oil, saute the onions and garlic. Add the spinach to the onions and garlic, saute until the spinach wilts. Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you prefer.
Now take your partially baked pizza crust and add the garlic spinach mixture then top that with the feta and mozzarella. Place the pizza back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. When the pizza comes out of the oven, top with the tomatoes oregano and black pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
Your friends and family will be pleasantly surprised when you bring out a pizza and it's not the same old pepperoni or sausage!